When you think of opening a small business, often you first look within your networks for people that may be of assistance to you.
You may realize you don’t need to look beyond your own family, since they already have some of the skills/qualifications you need. Hiring a family member to help you run your business is common.
Hiring family can offer specific benefits:
- Family members are available to you beyond traditional working hours or days.
- You may be comfortable leaving your business with them for a day or two.
- They may have a specific skill you need (e.g., a cook, graphic designer, assistant).
- You give them an employment opportunity and experience.
- You may be passing off your business to a family member in the future.
View original post 106 more words