In a time of constant change, you can not afford to stay behind. Time is of the essence, and you need to ensure your business and message gets out there!
Like never before, you have many tools found online that give you the advantage of a fair playing field to market your business like a large corporation. I know you have a business to run with many moving parts. You can not afford to miss out on leveraging social media to your advantage!
Work With What You Have:
While I appreciate a good certificate, diploma or degree, we all may not have the time to sit in a classroom, while our business brands take a back seat for a six month – 2-year program (at min.). Now more than ever, the tools you need to learn how to grow your business are at your finger tips.
You may or may not have a marketing background. However, there is an extensive community that dedicates time and efforts to ensure your business knows how to grow!
Here is how you can easily find the knowledge you need:
Out of your busy schedule, take the time to listen to a business Podcast! Here are my favorites, that I can’t go without listening while I take a walk:
- Social Media Examiner – “is an on-demand talk radio show from Social Media Examiner. It’s designed to help busy marketers and business owners discover what works with social media marketing.”
- Foundr – “Stand on the shoulders of giants and learn from the greatest minds in business today with killer interviews, hosted by Nathan Chan.”
- Open for Business – “A branded podcast from eBay and Gimlet Creative, about building a business from the ground up”
- Side Hustle – “Welcome to The Side Hustle Show: Because Your 9-5 May Make You a Living, But Your 5-9 Makes You Alive! Join the thousands of side hustlers who tune in every week”
- Starting From Nothing – “How do you start a business when you have no money? No experience? No credibility? Or even no idea? This podcast will show you how. Every week successful entrepreneurs share the strategies of how they built their businesses entirely from scratch”
- The BA Coach – “Helping business analysis practitioners advance their careers”
- The Small Biz Express – “Delivering AHA moments!”
- The Psychology Podcast – “Dr. Scott Barry Kaufman, where we give you insights into the mind, brain, behavior and creativity.”
Check out the following episode from Social Media Examiner found on YouTube:
Have you considered using your Netflix account to learn something new about your industry or trends?
- The Business Insider, posted an article on the “15 documentaries on Netflix that will make you smarter about business”
- Recently I was able to watch a great movie that can teach you the struggles of starting a small business and growing it a known world brand: Walt Before Disney : “This portrait of a young Walt Disney traces his path from Missouri to Hollywood, as he juggles big breaks, raw business deals and a budding romance”
Keeping up with the times!
Interested in keeping up with the times? Use the following resources to find out what is the latest in small business.
- Canadian Federation Of Independent Business – keep up with political news that impact your small business
- Canada Business “We provide resources and information to help Canadians get their businesses going and growing.”
- Entrepreneur “Advice, insight, profiles and guides for established and aspiring entrepreneurs worldwide. Home of Entrepreneur magazine“
- Inc. :Visit Inc.com for the latest issue of Inc. Magazine and get advice, tools, and services that help your small business grow.
Google is your friend!
You may know your hobby, craft, or skills really well! However, you may not understand some of the business, technology or marketing terminologies.
If you do not know a key term, Google it. Break it down for yourself. If you take the time to understand a term, you will obtain knowledge on how to apply it your business situation.
We are in a time that there is free information all around, so I encourage you to get out there and learn!
There are thousands of resources online, feel free to share with me your top site, blog, podcast etc!!
Time to get inspired!